- Nephrologist – is a specially trained kidney doctor who orders your dialysis treatments and lab tests.
- Dialysis Nurse – oversees your care, gives you your medicines during your treatment and performs assessments.
- Dietitian – helps you plan meals and make the best food choices.
- Social Worker – helps you adjust emotionally and finds available resources for food, medicine and transportation.
- Patient Care Technician – places the needles, watches you and reports any problems to the nurse.
- Machine & Water Technician – repairs the dialysis machines and checks the water treatment system.
The most important member in your healthcare is YOU! Take the lead in your health care by talking to your healthcare team, educating yourself, and caring for yourself as much as possible.